If you use Notepad only writing texts then you do not know what can you do with Notepad. Its functionalities are a lot more than a simple text editor. By just writing few lines of commands you can create some really interesting tricks. Some of these Notepad tricks are just for fun while others may help you ease your work. So just type these lines in your editor to create one for your system.
Notepad is an editor that is provided by Microsoft. You will find this editor in every version of Windows. You can save the text file by using the “.txt” extension. This extension is supported by every editor so you can open and make changes to them anywhere you go. If not all notepad tricks then you must try at least some of them.
See More: How to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo
Notepad Tricks and Tips to Create a Diary
You can create a diary using the Notepad. It will pick the date and timestamp automatically and display it on the notepad. Just follow the steps given below:
- Open the Notepad editor.
- Type .LOG
- Now, save the file as Log.txt.
- Write anything to the file and it will be saved automatically. The next time you will open the file it will display the current date and time.
Make the CD Drive to Pop Out Continuously
This is one of those cool notepad tricks that can be used as a prank on someone. You have to follow the steps given below to use this notepad trick:
- Open Notepad in your system.
- Type the following command:
Set colCDROMs.Count >= 1 then
For i=0 to colCDROMs.Count-1
For i=0 to colCDROMs.Count-1
- Now, you will have to save the file with a “.vbs” extension.
- When you will double-click on this file the CD drive will pop out.
Notepad Tricks and Hacks: Shutdown
For shutting down, you need to click on the start button then click on shut down then ok. It is a long process for someone who likes to finish the tasks in a go. If you find the process of shutting down too tedious then you must try this trick.
- Open Notepad in your PC.
- Type the command given below:
Msg * Computer will now shut down
Shutdown –c “Time to sleep” –s
- Now, save the file with “.bat” extension.
Create Text to Speech Converter
Here, you will have to use Notepad tricks vbs. If you want your PC or Computer to speak whatever you type then use the following steps:
- Open Notepad
- Type the given command:
Dim message, sapi
message=InputBox(“What do you want to hear?”,”Talk to Me”)
- Now, save the file with “.vbs” extension.
- Open the file you just saved. This time it will open as a prompt.
- Type the text in the text field and click on the “ok” button. The Notepad will speak the sentence written by you.
Also, check: Vidmate old version
Make the Capslock Key Toggle Repeatedly
If you want your keyboard’s Capslock key to toggle repeatedly then use the simple code given below:
You will have to save this file using the “.vbs” extension.