The procedure for connecting to the Wi-Fi remains same on all the operating systems. For connecting to a network, you need to enter a password. Once you enter the password, the device remembers it. This reduces your effort of entering the password again and again. Learn how to find Wi-Fi password on iPhone. Also, check how to see WiFi password on iPad.
How to Find Wi-Fi Password on iPhone
People tend to forget the Wi-Fi passwords once they enter them. The device remembers it so most of the time you won’t need them again. But the problem arises when you have to connect to a different device. Now, you need the password. Apple is known for its security feature. You cannot view the saved password directly by tapping the network. But there are certain ways by which you can determine the Wi-Fi password.
See More: How to Create Drop Down List in Excel
How to Find WiFi Password on iPhone without Jailbreak
- First, open the Settings application on iPhone.
- Tap on “Wi-Fi” option that appears second on the list. You will see a list of Wi-Fi networks. Connect to the Wi-Fi network with a saved password.
- Now, tap on the “I” icon that appears next to the connected network.
- Scroll down to view the router’s IP address.
- Now, move to the home screen. Tap on the Safari browser to open it.
- Type the address of the router in the top field. Press enter to view the router’s login page.
- Log in using the default password. Now, you can search for the password of your network.
Most of the routers have “admin” as their default username and password. There are chances that your router won’t accept this password. In that case, search Google for “Router model default password”. Here, you will have to replace the text “router model” with the name of the router. Once you login to the router’s settings, you can easily find the Wi-Fi password.
View Saved WiFi Password iPhone
Use the method for jailbroken iPhone.
- Open the Cydia application on your iPhone.
- Search for “NetworkList” and install the application.
- If the iPhone prompts, click on the “Restart Springboard” option. This would restart the iOS device. It will take only a few seconds.
- Now, move to the Wi-Fi page in the Settings app.
- A known networks option will appear on the screen. When you tap on this option, a list of known networks will open. For every previously connected network, a password will appear in text form.
- Note the passwords or send them to over an email.
Also, check: How to Uninstall Software in Mac
Find WiFi Password on iPhone
This method involves syncing the Wi-Fi passwords on iPhone with the Mac device.
- First, go to the Settings->iCloud.
- Below the backup option, you will find the keychain option. Tap on “Keychain”.
- Turn on the iCloud keychain. Tap on the slider and it would turn green from white color.
- Go back to the settings page and turn the “Personal Hotspot” on.
- Now, connect the Mac device to the personal hotspot.
- On the Mac device, open the spotlight search. Type “Keychain Access” in the search field.
- Press enter to search for the application.
- Search for the Wi-Fi network for which you want to know the password.
- Check the box for “show password”. Enter the Mac device’s password if prompted by the device.
- Now, you will be able to view the Wi-Fi password.